My R32 GTR
This was a sweet car. I owned this from ~May 2000 - ~May 2002. Sprinted at Sandown twice and raced against the WRX club and Jag club, this beast was a stack of fun. Now owned by James, the admin of OzDat.com.
The R32 Specs
92' R32 Skyline GTR (for those who aren't particularly familiar with the GTR...its all the usual GTR gear ie 4 wheel steering, Computer controlled 4 wheel drive, 6 throttle bodies / coils etc, big cross drilled 4 spot discs (front) 2 spot rear, with twin overhead cam, twin ceramic ball bearing turbo, and all this packaged up in the ultra strong Nissan RB26DETT marvell of performance engineering.)
- HKS InCabin Adjustable Boost controller (currently running 0.75bar / 0.95bar split from HKS EVC III switched on or off.....next power figures coming soon).
- Blow off valve,
- HKS Turbo Timer
- Hi Flow Trust Exhaust Large diameter from the turbo back (3.5" pipe with silencer tip)....
- Hi Flow K&N pod Air intake with K&N filters
- Single Plate 5 Puck button clutch. (still determining brand) with HD pressure plate spring.... (first attempt at this slipped.....my advice - spend the extra.....ensure you can support LOTS of horsepower...)
- Front Strut tower Hi tensile chassis brace. (brand unknown)
- CSA Mags with 17" 245 / 50 Dunlop Hi-Po rated tyres all round.
- Blitz "Loud" blow off valves (removing....as upsetting air flow meters @ 14lbs - and causing backfire / misfire.....suspect cause of recent blown inlet manifold gasket.....going for the cheaper option).
This car was timed running around 0.9 bar of boost with myself and a mate in the car (around 80kgs extra weight), got a 0 - 100klms in 5.14sec and QTR mile in 13.31sec on the G-Tech without the benefit of later tuning / tweaks.